This center is aimed to enable students to develop skills and solve complex technological problems . The lab is equipped with state of the art equipment’s which are used in many processing and manufacturing industries. The lab caters to the need of budding automation engineers by enabling them to learn Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Electropneumatics, Electrohydraulics and Programmable logic controllers. The faculties who teach students are well trained by experts from FESTO to bridge the gap between Industry and Academia
- Value added course on skill development in Industrial automation is rolled out every year for UG students across disciplines. The course is split into Phase I (Basic level) which starts in July 15th of odd Semester and Phase II (Advanced level) which starts in 25th November in even semester. Total number of students completed value added course in automation - 121 (2018), 116 (2019)
- Train the trainer’s module for teachers
- Participation in skill competition in Mechatronics
- Internship at Republic Institute for Vocational education (RIPO), Minsk Belarus on Industrial Automation 4.0
- Internship for a period of 3 months for students studying in engineering colleges which are affiliated to VTU as well as other universities based on the request.
- Team of 4 students HARSH GANATRA (CSE), SIDDARTH BHURA (CSE), RESHAV AGARWAL (CSE) and PARTH LIMBANI (EEE) won the first place in competition in Pneumatics and Automation at Ramco Institute of Technology Rajapalayam, Tamilnadu on 2nd February, 2019
- Centre coordinator Mr. Manikandan.P, Assistant professor had been deputed as Jury for Mechatronics skills in Regional skills south 2018, India skills 2019 & World skills India 2019 by National skill development corporation (NSDC), Government of India during April 2018 to May 2019.